At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
We are seeking a motivated professional to join the Personal Lending Group/Wells Fargo Auto accounting team within the Consumer Lending Controller’s Group. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in loan accounting; primary focus will be with the Automobile Secured and Other Consumer accounts.
Duties may include:
- Preparing, analyzing, and communicating month end close analytical financial reporting
- Creating schedules for various SEC/Reg reporting requests using System of Record and General Ledger data
- Complete ad hoc research, analysis, or reporting on loan balances and associated general ledger accounts
- Documentation and Compliance with Governance & Oversight, Regulation W
- Performing detailed research of data and processes, analyzing, interpreting and reporting findings
- Project related and regression General Ledger Enterprise Testing
- Product reporting utilizing Excel, Smartview and financial reporting systems (eagleWeb, Oracle GL, irisWeb)
- Reviewing general ledger and system of record data; completing research, analysis and reconciliations
- Supporting team and manager with accounting initiatives/projects
- Data validation for eOne Regulatory Reporting initiative
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Experience using loan systems to include one or more of the following: SHAW, Oracle Essbase, eOne, and Oracle General Ledger (GL)
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with databases such as EIW, Access, and Teradata
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.