At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Wells Fargo Commercial Distribution Finance Controllership Team has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated accounting professional. The Team is focused on business unit accounting and reporting in compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements, ensuring strong financial controls, and assisting the business with measuring and tracking financial performance.
This Financial Accounting Consultant position will be part of the Controllership Team that supports WF Commercial Distribution Finance, a division which specializes in inventory financing for dealerships throughout North America and globally. We are looking for a strong Financial Accounting Consultant to add value to the line of business to work cross functionally to coordinate the monthly accounting, reporting, and annual audits for two joint ventures with key customers.
In addition, the Financial Accounting Consultant will also be responsible for the completion of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, quarterly external SEC and regulatory reporting, and various special projects.
- Research accounting topics and operationalize solutions in key areas
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting guidance applicable to the business
- Review monthly reporting packages to be the joint venture partners and board meetings
- Prepare and review financial and regulatory reports
- Assist with the annual audits of the joint ventures by an external firm
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and certifications
- Prepare and review journal entries
- Assist in evaluating the control environment
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
Preferred locations are posted but will consider candidates in other Wells Fargo locationsRequired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Previous Financial Industry Experience a plus
- Accounting Audit experience
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Experience working with Oracle Essbase, and Oracle General Ledger (GL)
- Public Accounting Experience Preferred
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
IL-Chicago: Min: $70,300 Mid: $99,000
IL-Hoffman Estates: Min: $70,300 Mid: $99,000
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
IL-Hoffman Estates: 5595 Trillum Blvd - Hoffman Estates, IL
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.