At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Enterprise Finance is seeking a motivated professional to join the Real Estate Inventory Management accounting team. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the requirements of oversight and management of real estate asset owned portfolio and have solid experience in loan accounting; primary focus will be on accounting based initiatives, processes, and projects.
This position will focus on supporting change management for accounting based initiatives, processes, and projects within the Inventory Management team. Day-to-day activities will vary but heavily oriented toward detailed analysis of data, creating current state and future state comparisons, and partnering with others to successfully implement changes within the team. Duties may also include accounting based operational processes, month-end accounting tasks, as well as special assignments. The successful candidate will partner in leading risk assessments and controls by ensuring general ledger, operational processes and systems of record are correct and aligned based on GAAP, Regulatory, and policy requirements.
Duties may include:
- Preparing/Reviewing entries for positing to the general ledger
- Reviewing general ledger and system of record data, completing research, analysis and reconciliations
- Providing data for financial and regulatory reports
- Performing detailed research of data and processes, analyzing, interpreting and reporting findings for the Held for Investment and Held for Sale portfolios utilizing Excel, Access, ESSBASE/Smartview and Financial reporting systems (Eagle Web, Oracle GL, IRIS Web, OBIIE)
- Potential to providing functional advice and training to lower level accounting positions
- Establishing an effective preventative and detective internal controls structure to ensure accurate financial accounting and reporting
- Supporting team and manager as a functional accounting operation lead in initiative analysis
- Establishing strong relationships with business partners and working closely to understand impacts
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- 4+ years of financial analysis or accounting experience
- 4+ years of financial services experience
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Intermediate Microsoft Access skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.