At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Controller’s Division is responsible for the Company’s financial statements, establishing corporate accounting policies, preparing SEC and regulatory reports and ensuring the adequacy of internal controls. The Division also manages and supports the Company’s General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets systems.
The Consumer Lending Accounting Business Unit Support Controller’s team has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant. This individual will be performing the following responsibilities:
- Review and preparation of accounting entries
- Reviewing general ledger data and complete research, analysis and reconciliations
- Reviewing accounting transactions and contracts for proper accounting recognition
- Establish processes and controls in support of enterprise Efficiency & Effectiveness goals
- Provide consultation and training to finance business partners on accounting impacts and policy
- Establish strong relationships with Line of Business partners
- Assist in preparation, review and consolidation of quarterly Regulatory reporting schedules
- Maintain adherence to internal and external accounting principles, policies and controls
- Assist with month-end close process
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
- Knowledge and understanding of Essbase Finance tools for client reporting and analysis
- Project or process management, implementation, or analysis
- Change control implementation and oversight
- Financial Industry Experience
- Accrual accounting expense recognition experience particularly related to software contracts, contractor accruals and professional service contracts
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.