At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Senior Consultant for all financial accounting related matters for lines of business and other control functions. Communicates and provides consultation regularly with senior level stakeholders throughout the organization. Provides technical expertise regarding accounting issues and regulatory information and research.
Performs ongoing financial control functions in accordance with the Company's internal controls policies. Applies extensive specialized knowledge and acts as internal consultant or final authority in area of expertise. Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives impacting one or more lines of business. Understands compliance and risk management requirements for supported area and may support implementation of key risk initiatives.
May directly or indirectly lead others.
Duties may include:
- Prepare, review and monitor Accounting Credit Analysis & Reporting (ACAR) process for the $280b held for investment Consumer mortgage portfolio
- Quarterly ACAR attestation process for auditors
- Analyzing and reviewing variance analysis during month end closing process
- Complete ad hoc research, analysis, or reporting on loan balances and associated general ledger accounts
- Research to identify potential issues with general ledger accounts or Held for Investment loan populations
- Assist other team members in the resolution of problems
- Create and maintain accurate desk top procedures
- Prepare various SEC request and other legal entity reporting
- Held for investment mortgage reporting utilizing Excel, Access, Smartview
- Complete time sensitive journal entries
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills in dealing with intricate and voluminous data
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.