At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The role of the Structured Real Estate Accounting Team is to support each line of business within the Structured Real Estate Group while partnering with the various accounting shared-service teams, operational accounting Centers of Excellence and our key line of business partners to ensure that:
• The books and records are accurate and complete
• The control environment is well designed and operating effectively
• Key processes are operating effectively and efficiently
• Reporting and communication requirements are satisfied on a timely basis
This Financial Accounting Consultant role will work with the Structured Real Estate (SRE) business and provide controller oversight and transaction support to SRE business leaders. In the controller oversight role, the SRE Accounting team oversees application of WF accounting policies and internal COSO control framework for both SEC and Regulatory reporting and related systems of record. This role will be actively involved in transactions related to structured lending, reverse repos, seller-financing, and securitizations.
The SRE Accounting team is responsible for the oversight of the business unit accounting and reporting matters, control deficiencies, data errors, and other similar issues to ensure that transactions are adequately documented, appropriately elevated, and expeditiously remediated.
The SRE Accounting team also provides transaction support by working closely with the SRE investment bankers and business leaders to understand proposed transactions in the CMBS space. The SRE Accounting team performs accounting research and partners with Accounting Policy functions to then provide advice on optimal accounting structuring of transactions and accounting elections to reduce accounting and financial risk while achieving operational goals.
This accounting role will review transactions to ensure that the appropriate financial accounting and reporting methodology is applied. Additionally, the SRE Accounting team coordinates with operational accounting centers of excellence, finance, and SEC and Regulatory Reporting to ensure the transaction is properly recorded and recognized in our SEC and Regulatory filings. This role will be actively involved in the Basel III identification, reporting, and oversight function, including independent challenge and documentation.
This Financial Accounting Consultant role will report to the Structured Real Estate Accounting Leader, joining a team of dedicated professionals in serving SRE. This role will help to enhance new initiatives and develop new processes to ensure a well-controlled efficient environment.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting
- Big four public accounting experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to work cohesively and collaborate with analytic functions throughout the organization
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP financial statements or components preparation
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
• Consolidations and/or loan accounting experience
• Knowledge and understanding of structured products and securitizations
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding FDICIA and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.