At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Corporate Properties Group Controllers is currently seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Specialty Accounting Group. This successful individual will be part of a team based out of Charlotte, NC, and will be responsible for international accounting for properties owned by Wells Fargo.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Performs the most complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and for developing financial statements and reports.
• Assist in developing processes for implentation of new leasing standard ASC 842 which will replace SFAS 13 for expense leases 1/1/2019.
• Develop & apply technical accounting knowledge in areas including leases, prepaids, accruals, etc.
• Heavy advisory role for collapses and acquisitions, including LEGO
• Review financial data for financial and regulatory reports; researching and responding to questions regarding financial information found in unit's reports; conducting research and analysis to develop financial data for reports; managing implementation of complex accounting projects having critical impact on the group or company; reviewing account reconciliations and certifications.
• Applies extensive specialized knowledge and acts as internal consultant or final authority in area of expertise
• Direct G&O activities, including creating and implementing controls to ensure data accuracy, documentation of processes, development of appropriate tests, and resolution of issues;
• Apply strong data management skills to efficiently and accurately collect data to prepare financial statements and reports; develop methodologies and implement changes in internal accounting systems
• Enforce adherence to internal and external accounting principles and policies
• Maintain advanced knowledge of current accounting practices and regulatory requirements. Perform in-depth accounting research and analysis of real estate transactions (see listing of sampling of relevant Accounting Guidance for CPG) as needed
• Support ongoing monthly CPG accounting close and reporting process as needed
• Lead and perform special projects with critical impact to group or company
• Provide functional advice and training to Accounting Team, CPG counterparts, and customers
• G&O Compliance: Desktop Procedures & Flow Diagrams & Risk Controls
• The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of GAAP, G&O framework, assessment, testing and documentation, excellent data and project management skills.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Big four public accounting experience
- SAP experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to summarize and recommend new strategies/solutions
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Experience working with changing priorities and deadlines
- Familiarity and experience with real estate transactions/accounting
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- IFRS International accounting standards knowledge
- Sec and Reg reporting
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.