At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo’s Controllers is a seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Wholesale Controller’s Division which supports the accounting and general ledger operations related to process, internal control, and risk matters for Wholesale Banking. This role supports Wells Fargo Equipment Finance.
• Participate in monthly accounting close for business
• Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations
• Prepare and review financial and regulatory reports
• Standardize and document accounting procedures for core functions
• Ensure a proper internal control environment; Create and implement controls to ensure accuracy of data, regulatory and SEC reporting
• Lead system integration projects for recently acquired businesses
• Identify process improvements and drive implementation improvements to eliminate manual work
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Financial services industry experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong independent thinking skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting
• Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and US GAAP financial statements
• Strong Knowledge and experience in general ledger reconciliations and automation tools
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting workflows and Oracle General Ledger
• Familiarity with month/quarter/year-end close and/or regulatory reporting processes
• Experience documenting and remediating internal controls and risks
• Experience leading accounting projects and process improvements
• Lease accounting experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.