At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The role of the Broker Dealer and Traded Products Accounting Team is to support each line of business while partnering with the various accounting shared-service teams, operational accounting Centers of Excellence and our key line of business partners to ensure that:
• The books and records are accurate and complete
• The control environment is well designed and operating effectively
• Key processes are operating effectively and efficiently
• Reporting and communication requirements are satisfied on a timely basis
This Financial Accounting Senior Consultant role will serve as the lead accounting resource for the primary systems of record used for asset backed finance products, and nonmarketable equity investments including private equity, renewable energy, etc. The primary systems of record handle structured lending, reverse repos, seller-financing, securitizations, and non-marketable equity investments. This accounting role will work closely with the Capital Markets Operations and Equities Operations Accounting teams, among others, to resolve required system of record challenges, updates, or enhancements arising from new accounting pronouncements and data automation projects.
In addition, this role will contribute to the Broker Dealer and Traded Products Accounting Team’s oversight of the application of Wells Fargo’s accounting policies and internal COSO control framework for both SEC and Regulatory filings by playing an integral role in coordinating with business partners across Wells Fargo to ensure the transactions recorded on the primary systems of record are properly reflected in Wells Fargo’s SEC and Regulatory filings.
Required Location - 11625 N Community House Rd Charlotte, NC 28277Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to analyze quantitative or qualitative data
- 4+ years of financial services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: in the capital markets industry
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
• Prior experience with Capital Markets systems and respective Operations teams (e.g. Realm, SimCorp, etc.)
• Prior experience with preparing SEC & Regulatory reports for Capital Market products
• Proficient in the use of IRISWeb and Essbase / SmartView
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.