At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Controllers Loan Accounting Center of Excellence is seeking a focused and driven professional to support loan accounting specific to LoanIQ. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, organized with strong attention to detail, having the ability to exercise judgment and take the initiative to contribute as an individual and be able to successfully lead and mentor the small team.
This Team is responsible for on-going accounting and analysis needs supporting the application and LOBs using LoanIQ. Monthly responsibilities include: analysis and adjustment of balances; validation and research of variances; monthly/quarterly SEC and Regulatory reporting; certain program administration and accounting; and, support projects as assigned.
This critical role will:
• Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders across the LIQ platform and eONE to ensure successful closing and reporting activities.
• Partner with the technology teams on automation and process improvement projects
• Prepare, review and approve SEC and Regulatory Requests
• Prepare and review compilation of complex SEC and/ or Regulatory Requests
• Ensure Regulatory reporting processes and desktop procedures are compliant with the G&O Framework
• Work closely with the various group controllers (ABUS) to integrate new processes, assist on reporting projects, and work closely with LOBs to ensure that assets are reflected accurately on the SORs and aligned on the general ledger to support accurate reporting
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Public accounting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• 5 years accounting related experience with a financial institution
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills; SAS and/or SQL; Essbase
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.