At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Corporate Consolidations team is a component of the Corporate Accounting Operations team within the Controller’s Division. The team provides oversight over intercompany accounting across the Corporation. The team’s key responsibilities include:
• Monitoring of intercompany general ledger balances and review of 20+supported consolidation levels.
• Serve as intercompany accounting subject matter experts and work with various lines of business to assist in the identification of intercompany relationships and ensure appropriate consolidation of those relationships.
• The generation of auto eliminations across the Corporation through the use of the Oracle Elimination table that is housed within Oracle general ledger.
• Preparation of certain Regulatory Reporting intercompany accounting reporting schedules.
This Individual contributor position will work with various lines of business across the Corporation to assess intercompany accounting needs and provide automated solutions for elimination of intercompany products and services. The candidate will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting of intercompany balances and eliminations.
Specific duties include:
• Meeting with various lines of business to understand their products and determine appropriate elimination strategies for those products. Review of new intercompany accounts and set up of intercompany accounts in the Oracle Eliminations table within Oracle general ledger. Maintenance of the Oracle Eliminations table to accommodate legal entity structure changes.
• Monitoring of intercompany balances to ensure that those balances eliminate completely and at the correct consolidation level daily and during month end closing. Working with lines of business to correct intercompany breaks.
• Preparation of certain intercompany Regulatory Reporting schedules to support portions of the Y9-LP, Country Exposure, Call Reports and Resolution and Recovery reports. Review of certain intercompany regulatory reports for accuracy.
• The Corporate Consolidations team owns the intercompany accounting policy for Wells Fargo. This position will be responsible for maintaining and communicating best practices for intercompany accounting throughout the company through meetings, reviews of intercompany activities and maintaining the tools to support those best practices on the Corporate Consolidations website.
• Participation in Oracle system enhancements that impact the Oracle Eliminations table. This includes multiple eOne projects.
• Various ad hoc projects. The team is pulled into various projects across the corporation as many projects have intercompany components.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. The candidate must have strong critical thinking skills and the ability to come up with creative solutions to problems. The candidate should also be controls focused and be able to anticipate risks and develop controls to prevent those problems.
*Note: this position must be based out of Charlotte, NC. Remote candidates will not be considered.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Audit experience
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.