Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St
The MENTOR Network
The MENTOR Network is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team. This is a hands-on role that offers exposure to all areas of Finance within a publicly traded company. He/she will have the opportunity to work with the team on reporting, forecasting, modeling, and act as a business partner with Network leaders.
The primary function of the Financial Analyst is to synthesize disparate data into meaningful analysis in support of the company’s goals. The Financial Analyst prepares analyses of financial performance; develops an understanding of the revenue and cost drivers, and determines ways to effectively report on and measurably improve the company’s performance. Will work closely with corporate finance personnel and be a valued member of the Corporate FP&A team.
Location: Seaport/South Boston
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate assigned management reporting including insightful analysis and commentary to tell the story and provide a basis for action steps
- Perform analyses of various business metrics and income statement line items including detailed expense analysis
- Collect, analyze and present financial information to business partners to better understand the financial and operational performance of the business lines and make recommendations
- Build and maintain strong relationships with members of the finance team and the business partners that we support
- Drive consistency and standardization of all operating group reporting and metrics to allow for value added analysis
- Develop and maintain dashboards and key metrics to monitor the financial performance of an operating group
- Consult with field leaders to develop and create financial reports that will assist them in the analysis of their business and decision making
- Preparation of thoughtful and value added operational service line analysis to allow members of field and corporate to make better operating decisions
- Assist the financial reporting and planning team with the quarterly and annual forecasting/budgeting process utilizing Hyperion financial planning software system, including question resolution and financial modeling
- Assist with review of the operating group budgets and forecasts
- Participate in business analysis project planning and management by documenting and maintaining plans, managing project plans, and preparing project documentation. Analyze current processes and recommends solutions and improved processes.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for monthly executive meetings and the board of directors meeting
- Assist with quarterly/yearly audits preparing revenue/cost flux explanations
- Prepare ad hoc financial analyses for senior management
- Participate in special projects for senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of related experience
- Strong Excel skills required
- Experience with business reviews and business metrics analysis
- Experience with Hyperion Planning & Reporting or similar packages required
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP system and report writing
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Solid accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k), PTO and Holiday Pay
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network (this role is vacant due to an internal promotion)
- We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network, a national network of local health and human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.