Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
- Maintain general ledger accounts specifically related to Medicare and Retirement Member/Group billing and receivable management
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger balance sheet accounts in preparation for month end close
- Prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles. Journal entries for compliance in GAAP, STAT, and Health Care Reform (MLR) ledgers
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, schedules, summaries, and revenue analytics
- Prepare documentation in support of internal and external audits
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanation and interpretation
- Collaborate with teams across Finance/Accounting, Billing /Operations, and IT
- Assist with planning and executing monthly user-acceptance testing process for accounting processes in relation to Medicare & Retirement standard billing system enhancements
- Develop and maintain GPS Revenue and Membership accounting policies and procedures documentation.
- Performs work in as self-directed manner and works with less structured, more complex issues
- Develop and communicate innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Serves as a resource to others and manages one direct report
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel and Access
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Accounting and/or public accounting/audit experience
- Health care experience
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Billing System/ Receivable Accounting Experience
- Experience with Hyperion Smart View and PeopleSoft Financials
- Experience with SAS Enterprise Guide 9.1 or higher
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: accountant, GAAP, month end close, journal entries, excel, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota