Default: Practice : Practice
Purpose: The Financial Analyst position reports to Senior Management and supports both practices and corporate support functions for financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting. The role requires an analytical individual capable of working independently on multiple projects and interacting with various internal customers in a growing and dynamically diverse organization. This is a key position in the company, with exposure throughout all levels of the organization. Candidate must be motivated and seeking an increasing level of responsibility and growth.
- Analyze financial and operational performance to identify trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Create and provide value added analysis, presentations, and recommendations
- Actively provide financial and analytical support directly with operational and executive leadership.
- Assist in the development and preparation of the annual budget and long range plans for the departments supported, including creating presentations for the Management Team, Sponsors and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of other recurring or ad hoc internal reports and analyses as required and/or requested by leadership.
- Interact with operations leadership at the practice level to gather input, handle concerns, and educate on various processes aimed at improving forecasting and analysis abilities.
- Execute monthly, quarterly, and yearly variance analysis on both income statement as well as capital spend. Review, investigate, and provide commentary for monthly reporting on variances between budget and prior year.
- Qualified candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, other business-related, or technical field
- MBA a plus
- At least 2-4 years of experience performing financial analysis, evaluating trends and patterns in business results, and creating financial performance models/estimates preferred
- Strong knowledge of Excel and ability to work with Pivot tables and other advanced excel function
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SQL or Great Plains accounting software a plus
- Multi-entity experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries with the ability to build credibility with various internal customers
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good prioritization between monthly financial processes and special projects
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines and handle last minute requests
- Must be able to adapt and learn new software quickly
- Ability to take on new projects as assigned, and multi-task
- Self-starter with organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and drive projects to completion under strict time constraints
- Exhibits ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Candidate needs to have schedule flexibility to meet demands of projects and deadlines
- Office Environment
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Dental One Partners management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.