Primary Location: CA-CARancho Cucamonga-9166 Anaheim Place
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As a Financial Analyst with California MENTOR you’ll be one of those special people.
For California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network, a Financial Analyst is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Financial Analyst role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, journal entries and leads schedules as assigned.
- Reviews income statements throughout the month to ensure accuracy and completeness at month end. Assists with the preparation of the internal budget/financial target measure summary.
- Analyzes and reviews the monthly financial results versus the actual budget and provides a commentary to management.
- Prepares and distributes a complete set of financial statements, trended and actual versus budget to the State Director and operation managers. Analyzes and reviews trended financial results.
- Coordinates and completes all cost reports, cost report audits and cost report analysis timely and accurately. Reviews expense coding and ensures compliance with ACHA (Medicaid) guidelines.
- Competes and coordinates various audits as assigned.
- Assists State Accounting Manager with the annual company budgets, financial targets and monthly reforecast. Reviews all budgets/reforecast completed to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes financial information, trends, data, and graphs making appropriate recommendations and generating ideas for potential cost savings and/or financial opportunities.
- Assists with the development of internal control policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures Sarbanes Oxley compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelors degree in finance/accounting or related field and three to five years experience in an Accounting related position
- Experience with business reviews and business metrics analysis a plus
- Experience with Hyperion Planning and Reporting/Essbase or similar packages preferred
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP system and report writing
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain meaningful relationships
- Ability to maintain multiple priorities at once with strong follow through
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we have to offer:
- This is a full-time, full-benefits position in Rancho Cucamonga
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement