We don't just aspire to help people live healthier lives, we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Consultant, you'll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That's a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
- Budgeting & Forecasting revenue, medical and membership.
- Monthly reporting & analysis of gross margin and membership
- Work closely with Underwriting to understand drivers and changes in revenue assumptions
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Develop, perform and manage the analyses of financial metrics and performance measures
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for their stakeholders
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting
You'll have access to the most comprehensive data in the world. You'll need every bit of your knowledge and skill to sift through it and find the trends that tell the story.
- 3+ years experience
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel
- Knowledge of fundamental financial concepts and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a high paced environment
- Work collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment
- Strong analytical and technical experience
- Insurance industry experience
- Prior experience utilizing Hyperion SmartView, Planning and PeopleSoft Financials
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: analyst, finance, reporting, analysis, financial, metrics, forecasting, budgeting, Excel, accounting, planning, trends, variances, Hartford, CT, Connecticut