We don't just aspire to help people live healthier lives, we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Consultant, you'll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That's a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 5 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
- Develop, perform, and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics, as well as performance measures
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast, and budget
- Develop, perform, and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend, and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
You'll have access to the most comprehensive data in the world. You'll need every bit of your knowledge and skill to sift through it and find the trends that tell the story.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience with accounting, financial, and/ or data analysis
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills to perform data analysis and report generation (formulas, calculations, pivot tables, charts, graphs, etc.)
- Intermediate PowerPoint skills to produce polished, executive level decks distilling down large amounts of information to what is most important
- Healthcare sector experience with knowledge of Medicaid products/benefits
- Financial and/or data modeling experience
- Financial acumen and P&L management skills
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Experience working for a large matrix organization
- Advanced MS Excel - VBA experience
As a global organization that's making a difference in the lives of millions of people, UnitedHealth Group is used to challenge on a scale like no place else. Go on, reach deep into your skillset and join us to do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: financial analyst, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota