We don’t just aspire to help people live healthier lives, we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Consultant, you’ll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That’s a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 5 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
- This position is within the Medicare & Retirement Operating Cost Management - Cost of Acquisition support team
- Responsibilities include: partnering with the Medicare & Retirement Sales & Marketing team to develop and perform all aspects of the financial planning cycle, partner with the business leaders to support long-term goals, provide financial guidance related to annual business planning cycles, and support capital plans
- Partner with business leaders to develop workforce staffing plans tied to future growth expectations
- Develop into a subject matter expert managing and forecasting sales commissions, understand the impact of Medicare & Retirements sales channel mix and the associated value levers of influencing changes within the channel mix model
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
You’ll have access to the most comprehensive data in the world. You’ll need every bit of your knowledge and skill to sift through it and find the trends that tell the story.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of financial management experience
- Proven experience driving business performance in a high growth environment
- Prior work experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and operational issues, assessing their implications and developing and implementing an appropriate action plan
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: analyst, finance, reporting, analysis, financial, metrics, forecasting, budgeting, Excel, accounting, planning, trends, variances, financial consultant, financial analyst, senior financial analyst, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN.