If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Financial Consultant, you'll work with a team of finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That's a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 5 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
- Develop enhanced predictive models and validate statistical fit
- Monthly reporting and variance analysis
- Collaborate with operational partners to understand and forecast changes in benefit plan designs
- Present findings and recommendations to management
- Develop innovative approaches
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 2+ years of finance or accounting experience
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel (experience with pivot tables, database/logic formulas, etc.)
- Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience
- Excel graphing expertise
- Experience with process reengineering
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and the ability to influence across a matrix environment to drive revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives
- Strong executive presence, communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional financial acumen and P&L management skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: finance, financial planning, financial analyst, FP&A, financial planning and analysis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota