At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of COSO testing professionals and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure. The Business COSO Testing team is a component of Enterprise Controls & Oversight in Corporate Controllers.
The Business COSO team supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry leading financial reporting control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of financial, risk, and regulatory reporting control environment;
- Overseeing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going compliance with the COSO polices (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters);
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects;
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters; and,
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
This individual will be a member of the Business COSO team responsible for the following team directives:
- Performing COSO Monitoring team responsibilities including:
- Performing walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls;
- Validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions, including assessing appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified;
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications;
- Performing COSO testing of key controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing;
- Validating and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions;
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies, both individually and in the aggregate, and the impact to internal control over financial reporting;
- Assessing the components of internal control for the business unit;
- Monitoring open control deficiencies and validating corrective actions.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the SEC and Regulatory Reporting internal control infrastructures; and,
- Assisting with projects impacting the team including implementing the Company’s COSO-based Regulatory Reporting Governance & Oversight Framework and the 2013 COSO Framework.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Big four public accounting experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Experience presenting technical concepts to senior leaders
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
• Internal controls testing experience
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.