At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
CONSULTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLS & OVERSIGHT, CONSULTANT - STRATEGY AND INNOVATION
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.8 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through 8,700 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of COSO testing professionals and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure. The Enterprise COSO Testing team is a component of the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (ECO) Group in Corporate Controllers.
The IT COSO team within ECO supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading information technology control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of IT control environments impacted by financial, risk, and regulatory reporting;
- Assessing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for IT controls impacted by internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going IT control compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters);
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and IT control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects;
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters; and,
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
- This individual will be a member of the IT COSO Strategy and Innovation team responsible for the following team directives:
- Developing and implementing the end-to-end IT COSO strategy and innovation driving continuous improvement:
- Identify continuous improvements for IT COSO and quantify work efforts needed
- Identify and implement strategies for application of automation (e.g. robotics, continuous monitoring, tools)
- Develop and implement global services delivery strategy for resource optimization
- Perform the IT COSO's advisory efforts/forward look into large company initiatives (e.g. Report Mapping and Issue Identification, Data Transformation Program, Data Lake, etc.) and identify COSO significant applications, along with the associated IT General Controls (ITGC) and IT Application Controls (ITAC)
- Participate in discovery meetings with key stakeholders and technology business partners of large company initiatives to identify COSO significant applications and the associated IT General Controls (ITGC) and IT Application Controls (ITAC)
- Partner with and advise IT/LOB process owners/control owners how to document key ITGC/ITAC controls in accordance with COSO Policy requirements
- Partner across ECO and other key stakeholders to develop interaction model and process flow for large company initiatives
- Recommend strategic changes to ECO COSO policy related to IT testing and align IT COSO strategies with ECO, Business COSO, and technology partners
- Validating and providing credible challenge to key stakeholders of large company initiatives on impacts to IT controls
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business (IT) functions related to assigned process areas
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to present to senior level executives
- 1+ year in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting service
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications: CISA, CISM, CISSP
- Practical experience identifying IT controls for applications
- Practical experience with continuous process improvement/re-engineering of ITGC/ITAC testing processes and results
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
- Experience integrating off-shore and/or third party resources into IT audit/IT COSO testing organization
- Experience driving change in peer-size organizations; champion of change
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
AZ-Chandler: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.