At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
SENIOR CONSULTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLS & OVERSIGHT, SENIOR CONSULTANT - ITAC TESTING
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.8 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through 8,700 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of COSO testing professionals and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure. The Enterprise COSO Testing team is a component of the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (ECO) Group in Corporate Controllers.
The IT COSO team within ECO supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading information technology control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of IT control environments impacted by financial, risk, and regulatory reporting;
- Assessing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for IT controls impacted by internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going IT control compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters);
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and IT control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects;
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters; and,
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
- This individual will be responsible for the following team directives:
- Leading the IT Application Controls (ITACs) COSO test work:
- Partnering with IT and business Process Owners/Control Owners to document significant in-scope processes according to corporate COSO policy (both process narratives and process flow diagrams). Additionally, assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key application controls identified;
- Performing walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant business risk and key application controls;
- Partnering with IT and business Process Owners/Control Owners in the creation of process risk assessments (RAM) as well as validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions;
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications;
- Performing COSO testing of key application controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing;
- Validating and challenging documentation of application control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions;
- Analyzing the severity of application control deficiencies, and their impact to internal control over financial reporting;
- Validating corrective actions;
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business and IT functions related to assigned process areas
- Assisting with projects impacting the team.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to present to senior level executives
- 2+ years at Big Four/super regional public accounting firm with experience in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting service
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications: CISA, CISM, CISSP
- Practical experience performing IT audit/IT COSO application control testing
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo; experience with continuous improvement of application control testing processes and results
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.