At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Enterprise Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy.
Enterprise Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Controls & Oversight group is a seeking highly motivated individual to join our Compliance & Quality Assurance (CQA) team to lead and contribute to the Company’s efforts in developing and maintaining a program to test accuracy and completeness of external regulatory filings and internal risk management reports. CQA is a control function within Wells Fargo’s Corporate Controllers division and serves as a critical component of our Governance & Oversight (G&O) processes over Regulatory & Risk Reporting, covering bank and broker-dealer regulatory reporting as well as internal risk reporting subject to BCBS 239 requirements. The team has exposure to all lines of business and risk functions, as well as the external financial reporting and internal risk reporting infrastructures, and frequently coordinates with internal audit.
This individual will lead and partner with other leads to continue the advancement of a comprehensive testing program for critical risk and regulatory reports, and be responsible for executing a testing plan for a specific set of products and/or reports.
Specific responsibilities / duties may include:
- Strategically organizing and executing annual testing plans of risk and regulatory reports.
- Managing and maintaining relationships with key line of business contacts.
- Executing substantive testing for a set of systems/products and/or related regulatory/risk reports, utilizing our established CQA methodology and protocols.
- Partnering with business partners to understand the environment and related initiatives to develop appropriate and complementary testing procedures
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues, to actively incorporate into review programs as appropriate
- Communicating findings to key stakeholders timely
- Consulting with issue owners as they complete comprehensive root cause analysis and remediation plans for issues identified
- Drafting written reports of findings
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated leader and team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. The candidate should have experience with preparing and/or testing regulatory and risk reports. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges, and adapt accordingly.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit
- Experience leading effective collaboration across a team of project managers focusing on different functional areas for the same project
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory reporting: Federal Reserve, OCC, and SEC
- Knowledge and understanding of BCBS-239 principles
- Big four public accounting experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting
- Good analytical skills including analyzing complex data
- Exposure to bank financial reporting requirements, such as familiarity with the FR Y-9C, FFIEC 101, FR Y-14Q and CCAR/RRP related processes
- Experience or testing/auditing regulatory or other financial/risk reports
- Experience with large financial institution Risk Management and Compliance programs
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.