At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
This position is a pivotal role on the Middle Market Banking Due Diligence and Financial Crimes Services compliance team. You will be helping to execute Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) processes for our highest risk customers. In particular, you will help to perform, document and manage AML risk assessments for high-risk customers and ultimately provide a recommendation to relationship teams and Wholesale risk management groups.
Critical abilities include, but, are not limited to: Work effectively with a team and coach/mentor team members to develop their skill sets related to Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) functions. Additional needed abilities include critically assessing current operational processes: This includes proactively proposing items to revise/refine them so they become more effective and efficient. This role will have involvement with senior leadership, Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk & Compliance and other Wholesale LOB compliance partners; positive collaboration, time management and excellent communication skills are required.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance; or a BS/BA degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, or criminal justice, with 1+ year of experience in the foregoing
- CAMS or other AML compliance-related certification
- Regulatory and/or internal audit and examination experience, focusing on AML audits
- Corporate-level AML compliance experience
- Business process management (with at least 3 years direct experience in compliance or operational risk management)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.