At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) is responsible for oversight of the company’s financial crimes related risk: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), anti-money laundering and terrorist financing, anti-bribery and corruption, the Office of Foreign Assets Control, other global sanctions programs, external fraud, and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Financial Crimes Investigations department as part of the External Fraud Investigations team. The position is responsible for management of a team of investigators who conduct fraud investigative research, root cause analysis and consulting regarding highly complex financial crimes transactions, policy violations and/or suspicious situations with moderate to high risk. Team typically handles complex cases with some visibility. Duties include any or all of the following: conducts investigative research using appropriate investigative techniques to determine liability and impact of cases including mitigation of financial losses or business interruptions; performs detailed analyses to detect patterns, trends, anomalies and schemes in transactions and relationships within mortgage; develops and implements testing strategies and methodologies; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and internal controls; reviews and analyzes findings to determine level of risk; drafts corrective action plans and assists in managing change to prevent/mitigate risk; performs risk analysis and modeling as a precursor to building financial crimes strategies and models that directly impact Operating losses and indirectly impact Credit losses.
This position will provide coaching, mentoring and investigative guidance to a senior investigator and investigators responsible for conducting comprehensive investigations, for filing Suspicious Activity Reports and will also manage projects and ad hoc response requests, as well as work with our business partners on concerns of high risk customers and/or products. Provides input to the development and delivery of a wide range of training for team members involved in issue detection. Acts as an escalation point for more complex cases. Acts as a liaison with Legal and law enforcement agencies; may represent organization in handling court appearances, depositions, mediations, arbitrations, etc. May specialize in a particular type of financial crime.
Stand out candidate will possess the following skills: Candidate should have experience managing teams and complex projects experience. Candidate is highly collaborative and skilled with interacting with all levels of management.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance
- 2+ years of management experience
- 4+ years of fraud investigations experience
- 2+ years of leadership or management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to think strategically, implement, and deliver business objectives
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: reconcile, interpret, and present results
- Ability to manage complex projects in a large enterprise environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Prior experience with the Financial Crimes Investigations team.
- Previous experience preparing, filing and reviewing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Professional experience conducting and/or leading large scale complex investigations of financial crimes transaction fraud, or policy violations, risk management or compliance issues.
- The ability to conceptualize, develop, and implement process improvements
- Experience in and comprehension of, multiple Wells Fargo lines of business, products and/or services.
- Expert Knowledge of Wells Fargo Systems to include Hogan, SVP and FCP
- Professional Certification related to financial crimes investigations (ACAMS, CFE or internal Wells Fargo Certification)
CA-El Monte: 3440 Flair Dr - El Monte, CA
CA-Ontario: 4141 Inland Empire Blvd - Ontario, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.