At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Financial Crimes Business Risk & Controls (WFCBRC) team is responsible for the coordination, oversight and ultimate execution of Wholesale Banking’s commitments to key internal and external stakeholders as it relates to the management of financial crimes risk with the Wholesale Bank. In addition to having responsibility for Wholesale Banking’s execution of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program, WFCBRC is also responsible for the remediation of the OCC BSA/AML Consent Order. This team will partner with line of business ("LOB"), operations, risk and compliance team members, Wholesale Group Risk Office (in particular Financial Crimes Risk & Compliance), Enterprise Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and Testing & Validation to advocate and ensure alignment in scope, purpose, expectations and execution of the Wholesale Financial Crimes Program. The team will achieve this through a focus on strong communication, strategic planning, thoughtful and meaningful tracking/reporting, and timely escalation and change management.
The team works closely with each Wholesale Banking line of business (LOB) to ensure strong and effective risk management and compliance programs are in place to manage our risks, meet regulatory requirements, and protect customer information. The Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk and Compliance (WFCRC) group sits within WFCBRC and its mission is to provide an objective view of the state of compliance operational risk across Wholesale Banking, as well as to support and ensure the effective and efficient execution of strong compliance and risk management programs in every Wholesale LOB. We work closely with the risk and compliance professionals in each Wholesale LOB and throughout Wells Fargo to ensure that Wholesale LOBs manage risks and meet regulatory requirements with respect to our customers, our company, and our communities.
Additionally, the WFCRC is responsible for the oversight of Wholesale’s financial crimes related risks: Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) & Anti-Terrorist Financing, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Global Sanctions Programs, Internal & External Fraud, and Monitoring & Surveillance.
The WFCRC houses the Wholesale Banking Financial Crimes and Compliance Program Execution Team which has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking Financial Crimes Manager (FCM). This FCM2 is a Program Execution Quality Assurance Manager reporting directly to the Wholesale Banking Financial Crimes and Compliance Program Execution Manager and will lead a team to provide oversight and management of testing, monitoring and quality assurance of work performed by Wholesale Businesses and by WFCRC supporting risk roles. The Program Execution Quality Assurance Manager will have the following key responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of scripts and processes for review activities;
- Assist in the development of a sampling strategy/methodologies for review activities;
- Manage or oversee repository to store/retain documentation and results of reviews;
- Manage and execute Review Activities that will provide reasonable assurance that controls are designed and operating effectively;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the results of review activities and follow 3-tiered rating scale.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance
- 2+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- 3+ years of AML related experience, a plus
- 2+ years of management experience
- Knowledge of Wholesale Banking products and services
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Actively participation in projects/discussions, problem solving and assist with making decisions that are in the best interest of the Company and the customers
- Proven track record of living the Core Values and holding other team members accountable for living the Core Values
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance and legal requirements
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to multiple levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize tasks, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to manage and collaborate with geographically dispersed teams and matrixed relationships
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and maintain momentum driving for results and clarity in uncertain situations
- Must be a proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and thrives under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Strong research and documentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.