At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
This position is on the Business Banking Control team led by Mike Cummings, the Business Banking Control Executive. The Business Banking Control team is accountable for front line risk management addressing regulatory, corporate, and Wholesale risk management requirements. Our mandate is to identify risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk for our businesses and customers. Our goal is to develop and implement a proactive integrated risk management program that delivers an efficient and sustainable control environment built upon a culture of strong risk management.
This position will be on the Business Banking Financial Crimes Risk Control team and focus on Quality Control. Specifically, this position will be responsible for working with Wholesale Financial Crimes to develop and implement the Quality Control program required to manage Business Banking Financial Crimes risk in an effective, sustainable manner. This position will also be responsible for the ongoing execution of the Business Banking Quality Control program; providing process owners reasonable assurance of the effectiveness of their risk-mitigating controls; and conducting proactive identification, root cause analysis, escalation and corrective actions of process/control deficiencies and adverse customer impacts.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Helping ensuring execution and ongoing management of the Business Banking Quality Control program.
- Helping manage the development, implementation and ongoing management of procedures, controls, analytics and trend analysis to ensure proactive identification, prevention, detection and reporting of deficient Financial Crimes processes and/or controls.
- Coaching, mentoring and leading the development of team members.
- Helping build and maintain a team of sufficient size and expertise to consistently execute the responsibilities of the team on time and with high quality and integrity.
- Working with team members to identify and escalate serious risk concerns.
- Working with other teams such as other members of the Business Banking Financial Crimes team and the Wholesale Financial Crimes team to ensure Business Banking is meeting all Wholesale Control Assurance requirements in an efficient, effective and sustainable manner.
- Working with risk and business stake holders to ensure the best possible outcome for the bank.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead, inspire and coach team members and managers.
- Help hire, train and retain team members with the expertise required to consistently execute the responsibilities of this job.
- Identify key gaps in the existing Business Banking Financial Crimes processes and/or controls and take action to close them.
- Work with many teams and stakeholders in various levels of involvement, skill and rank.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
***Job posting may be removed earlier than stated close date due to volume of applicants.
Open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 9+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance
- 3+ years of management experience
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to identify risk factors and provide alternatives to mitigate
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Financial Crimes leadership experience, preferably at a full-service financial institution
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.