At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
As a Financial Crimes Specialist 2, you will perform a critical role in maintaining the security of the digital channels as you focus on detecting, preventing and mitigating fraud within the online, phone and mobile channels.
As a Financial Crimes Specialist with the Fraud Detection Team, your role will require flexibility and focus as you utilize your training, skills, and knowledge to mitigate risk and prevent fraud.
This will include:
• Verify and review/ and or identify daily customer activity utilizing reports and systems, exercising judgment to identify suspicious activity and potential online fraud.
• Use a variety of systems and resources, to research moderate to complex account activity that may involve multiple transaction channels.
• Take appropriate preventative or corrective action to secure customers’ online banking, accounts, personal information, and relationships.
• Open cases and other claims to facilitate mitigation of fraudulent activity and move the customer toward resolution of their cases/claims.
• Provide exceptional customer service by placing outbound calls to customers, to validate transactions and online activity, taking action to secure the customer.
• Provide exceptional customer service by handling incoming referrals from internal and external customers who need assistance due to suspicious online activity and remain flexible and adaptable to assist in meeting and resolving the challenges presented in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
Start Date: October 15th 2018
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9am - 9pm, Saturday & Sunday 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM (Employees are working a 40 hour schedule 4 or 5 days a week)
The selected candidate must be available to work evenings, weekends, some overtime and holidays depending upon business needs in addition to attending a required, uninterrupted 7 week training program starting on October 15th
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice
- 2+ years of operations environment experience
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to provide strong customer service while listening, eliciting information efficiently, comprehending, and resolving complex customer issues
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Ability to research, analyze, and determine a course of action for financial transactions
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Banking or financial operations experience
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.