At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
• This position will support our New Pindrop DDA (Demand Deposit Accounts) Team focusing on account takeovers and will be working out of the Spanish speaking queue.
• Researches, reviews and analyzes more complex transactions and claims using multiple online systems and research/testing techniques to identify financial crimes activities, policy violations and/or suspicious situations to mitigate and/or recover losses.
• Analyzes fraud findings to determine extent of fraud risk and makes outbound calls to customers to resolve fraudulent findings.
• Documents research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO) and Suspected Financial Abuse.
• Identifies patterns, anomalies and trends and may analyze findings to determine extent of suspicious or unusual activity and level of risk.
• Produces reporting, such as volume or closed claims for management.
• Identifies control deficiencies in bank processes, procedures, customer or team member decisions and assigns loss accountability.
• Recommends procedural changes to prevent/mitigate future losses.
• May provide work direction to and/or manage daily workflow activities for operations team including staffing, production, and workflow and acts as an escalation point for junior level team members in more complex situations.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice and 2+ years of the experience listed above
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- 1+ year of fraud prevention and authentication area experience
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents/reports
- Ability to provide strong customer service and develop customer relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
• Knowledge and understanding of online fraud, debit card fraud, and non-fraud claims management
• Experience using any of the Wells Fargo research systems: PREVENT, Hogan, OIB, SVP, UW, Teradata and FDR
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.