At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Operations Group is responsible for key functions critical to achieving Wells Fargo's Vision and Values. Operations provides foundational banking services for many businesses across the enterprise. We have an experienced leadership team and highly engaged team members committed to being a competitive advantage for Wells Fargo. From protecting customers from fraud to assisting bankers with opening new deposit accounts, from enabling companies to wire funds to processing millions of transactions accurately and timely each day, the critical work our team does creates the experience customers have with Wells Fargo. The work we do directly impacts Wells Fargo's ability to attract and retain customers. Together, with our valued partners, we strive to provide an outstanding customer experience across our business every day.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
The Deposit Transactional Fraud Review Team uses sophisticated risk systems, models, and vendor products to detect and review suspect accounts, perform in-depth research and, when appropriate, restrict monetary activity and close accounts.
- Reviews, verifies and/or identifies customer transactions to detect/prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations and suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses
- Monitors moderate to complex account activity, which requires research that may involve multiple transaction channels
- Uses a variety of sources for information, including online systems and tools/models
- May perform general account handling functions such as close account determination, holds, restraints, etc.
- Document research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity
- Identity Theft Operations (ITO) and Suspected Financial Abuse
- May contact customers and/or vendors to validate transactions
- May maintain files, records, databases and prepare standard/routine management reports Prepares required documentation including Suspicious Activity Reports
- May identify control failures in bank processes, procedures, and customer or team member decisions, then categorize losses, and assign loss accountability
- Reviews more complex/unique situations with senior department staff
- Reviews checks deposited into customer accounts via branch, ATM, or mobile deposits
- Makes outbound calls to customers and other financial institutions to confirm information
TRAINING SCHEDULE TUESDAY-SATURDAY, 12:00 PM -9:00 PM FOR 4 WEEKS
WORK SCHEDULE – Tuesday-Friday 2PM-11PM and Saturday 12PM-9PM - (NO FLEXIBILITY)
Telecommute considered after 1 year with demonstrated experience
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice
- Banker or Bank Teller experience
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.