At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.Deposit Transactional Fraud Review.
This position would be responsible for reviewing outsourced account activity to detect potential fraud situations and performs a variety of operational tasks for a moderately complex process or function. Specialists take accountability for entire process from receipt of work/item to resolution and closure. Tasks require coordination of information among various operational areas and customers, using a variety of online systems to complete/document work and perform data entry.
- Reviews, verifies and/or identifies customer transactions to detect/prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations, and suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses
- Monitors moderate to complex account activity which requires research that may involve multiple transaction channels and products
- Uses a variety of sources for information, including online systems and tools/models
- May perform general account handling functions such as close account determination, holds, restraints, etc.
- Document research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO) and Suspected Financial Abuse
- May contact a variety of sources to gather information; may contact customers and/or vendors to verify transactions
- Prepares required documentation including Suspicious Activity Reports
- Reviews more complex/unique situations with senior department staff
Work Schedule: Tue-Fri 1pm-10pm, Sat 9am-6pm
***Schedule is subject to change based on business need.
***May be eligible for 15% shift differential based on policy.
The office is located in NW Portland in the Montgomery Park office and has a casual dress environment
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice
- 1+ year of check negotiability experience
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crime, fraud, or risk management
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Familiarity with deposit account transactions and new account opening guidelines
- Experience with HOGAN, SVP, CACS, OIB, and Universal Workstation
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
OR-Portland: Min: $31,200 Mid: $34,000
OR-Portland: 2701 Nw Vaughn - Portland, OR
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.