At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
The Remote Channel Deposit Verification team members specialize in risk review of ATM, mobile and desktop deposits. They specifically focus on deposited item negotiability and collection. Financial Crime Specialists evaluate live target deposit transactions. As a result, REG CC pledges, hard holds, and debit adjustments for non-negotiable items are initiated. The accounts in question may be referred for further action, including closing for fraud. Efforts made by this team protect our customers from being victimized by fraud scams and protect Wells Fargo from potential losses.
Duties include :
- Review of customer deposits to detect potential fraud situations, researching and analyzing moderately complex account activity using various resources and tools, including multiple online systems, identifying potential fraudulent activity and taking appropriate action
- Also includes making outbound calls to Wells customers, non-Wells customers and/or other financial institutions fraud departments to verify legitimate transactions or negotiability of deposited items
- May maintain fraudulent activity files, records, data bases, reconcile and summarize fraud losses and produce routine management reports
- Also reviews more complex/unique situations with senior department staff
- May assist in ongoing production and workflow improvement efforts and participate in small projects
Position One: Tues - Fri 12:30pm - 9:00pm and Sat 7:00am - 3:30pm
Position two: Sun 9:30a-8p and Mon, Thur and Fri 1:00pm - 12:00am
***Flexibility with schedule required based on business needs.***
***Position may qualify for 15% shift differential based on policy.***
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice
- 1+ year of check negotiability experience
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crime, fraud, or risk management
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Hogan experience
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
OR-Portland: Min: $31,200 Mid: $34,000
OR-Portland: 2701 Nw Vaughn - Portland, OR
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.