At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The ACH Claims group located in Chandler, Arizona is responsible for the investigation and resolution of customer disputes on Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions.
We are looking for 10 extraordinary candidates who can demonstrate excellent communication skills, decision making skills, and research skills to become part of a dynamic team providing exceptional customer service.
Successful candidates will work in a fast paced, quality-oriented work environment. Customer transactions are investigated, monitored, and resolved by this team. Selected candidates will be responsible for meeting customer and partner commitments for quality service, and helping to improve customer satisfaction.
This position is responsible for reviewing, verifying, and identifying customer transactions to detect and prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations, or suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses. Team members will monitor and review more complex account activity and claims requiring research that may involve multiple transaction channels and products. You will be required to use multiple online computer systems with technical proficiency. The nature of the claims handled can be complex; therefore, direct communication with management and team members may be required to resolve and complete the reports and will require detailed documentation of outcome.
You will also document research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO) and Suspected Financial Abuse.
Other primary responsibilities include:
- Researching, investigating, and validating customer disputed transactions
- Making pay or deny decisions
- Providing excellent customer service
- Outbound calls to Wells Fargo customers are also required to gather pertinent information regarding the customer’s dispute (Inbound calls may also be received on an exception basis)
- ACH team members are expected to take accountability for the entire claim process from receipt of the claim to resolution.
- Team members will process claims according to Regulation E guidelines and NACHA rules.
- Selected candidates will also be required to respond to and complete all customer requests and/or questions in a timely manner.
This class will start on Monday, December 3, 2018.
There will be a five week required training class beginning on the first date of hire. The training schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm. Attendance during the training class is mandatory and critical to your success.
Schedule of the position: Following the initial 5-week training, the schedule will be Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm. Following your first 6 months on the team, you may be required to change shift times, or bid for a preferred shift, based on performance and business need. This includes a possible Saturday shift (with one day off during the work week).
*Must be able to work mandatory overtime, including Saturdays and/or Holidays
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering; or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice and 1+ year of the experience listed above
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Knowledge and understanding of ATM, ACH, or check fraud/debit card claim processing
- Knowledge and understanding of claims processing: Visa rules and regulations, regulation E, NACHA rules and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of banking exposure to fraud
- General ledger experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to research and correspond with customers, responding to their questions and concerns with detailed information
- Customer service focus with the ability to balance needs of clients, shareholders, and team members
- Consistent and stable work history
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.