At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
This position primarily handles inbound calls from internal and external customers to service matters related to debit or credit card fraud.
Specifically, the person in this position:
- Reviews, verifies, and/or identifies customer transactions to detect/ prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations, and suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses
- Places outbound calls to the customers to confirm if activity is fraud
- Monitors moderate to complex account activity which requires research that may involve multiple transaction channels
- Uses a variety of sources for information, including online systems and tools/models
- May perform general account handling functions such as close account determination, holds, restraints, etc.
- Documents research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO), and Suspected Financial Abuse
- May contact customers and/or vendors to validate transactions
- Prepares required documentation including Suspicious Activity Reports
- May identify control failures in bank processes, procedures, customer or team member decisions and then categorize losses and assign loss accountability
****The start date is October 15, 2018. Training will be for 4 weeks from 8:00am -5:00pm Mon-Fri. A variety of schedules available as follows - all are Mon-Fri:
8:00-4:30, 8:30-5:00, 9:30-6:00, 10:30-7:00, 12:00-8:30
- 6+ months of call center experience; or 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in criminal justice
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- Call center experience
- Credit card fraud claims or prevention experience
- Fraud prevention experience
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to research and correspond with customers, responding to their questions and concerns with detailed information
- Ability to research, analyze, and determine a course of action for financial transactions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Customer service focus with the ability to balance needs of clients, shareholders, and team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of card industry fraud detection or chargebacks
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.