If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Leads Dental CA MLR reporting by ensuring all financial and statistical activity is accurately booked on the filing regulated legal entities. Researches issues and coordinates resolution with gross-margin, SG&A and regulatory accounting teams. Support Federal MLR filings for the segment
- Assumes ownership of assigned Third Party Administrator (TPA) filings, compiles data or other required supporting details from multiple claims and revenues databases or other financial systems. Ensures timely filing to achieve 100% compliance target
- Partners with multiple accounting teams in developing financial analytics supporting month-end close activities. Becomes Subject Matter Expert (SME) by developing sound understanding of segment financial databases.
- Participates in segment’s growth initiatives by partnering with acquired entity’s personnel. Supports post acquisitions financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and other integration efforts
- Presents complex technical, financial or operational issues impacting month-end close process to the segment leadership
- Supports special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting / finance
- 2+ years of prior work experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Data mining and analysis skills using SQL, SAS or Access
- Prior healthcare industry experience
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office application including Excel, Access, Power Pivots and Power Point
- MBA and/or CPA
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Data Analyst, Columbia, MD. Maryland