External Job PostingManage the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting assigned business areas. Provide financial expertise, business support and oversight to assist in achieving key objectives. Guide leaders on financial-related matters and decisions. Track all expenses from the balance sheet to the P&L to ensure annual operating budgets are achieved. Manages daily financial inquiries for a designated business area. Contributes to the development and execution of business team priorities by participating in joint issue identification, analysis and resolution.
Retail Health FP&A Leader
- Partners with business leaders to maintain a strong understanding of the key business drivers, specific business processes and priorities, and future strategic direction
- Collaborates with business leaders and support teams to ensure strong execution, delivery of customer value and positive business results.
- Leads the preparation of the financial forecasts and budgets, including the identification/quantification of risks and opportunities; coupling strategic initiatives with financials
- Performs periodic analyses of variances as compared to plan, forecast and prior periods. Prepares presentations and documentation of budget and forecast information.
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes and practices. Works with business to develop consistent management reporting and processes
- Supports monthly reviews business planning sessions. Involves evaluating financial and operational results, monitoring data and contributing to the development of key initiatives
- Lead medium term and strategic planning for assigned areas
- Complete monthly forecasts for assigned business areas P&Ls
- Partner to identify risks and opportunities for improving expense performance
- Develop monthly forecast update presentations in support of management review requirements
- Work to ensure unpaid expense liabilities are properly accrued each month
- Develop actionable merchandise receipt and shipment volume projections
- Partner with 3rd Party DC Operator to ensure specific modeling inputs support distribution labor productivity as well as transportation lane budgets
- Ensure forecasts align DC and Transportation activity with current corporate projections
- Ensure adequate succession planning, training and development to achieve teammate’s short-term and long-term goals and objectives.
- Develop strategic initiatives aligned with the organizations business objectives.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics
- Minimum 3 years of experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve issues and problems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in applying analytics principles
- MBA and/or CPA Certification preferred.
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Proficient with computer and software tools to optimize performance; working record of using Word, Excel, Access, Power point, EssBase, Hyperion, and Walker
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express. At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts. Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.