DescriptionThe Financial Planning & Analysis Lead analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Financial Planning & Analysis Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Lead collects, compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions on, for example, acquisitions, investments, capital expenditure, divestitures, mergers, or the sale of assets. Analyzes the financial implications of proposed investments or other transactions so that senior managers can evaluate alternatives against the organization's business objectives. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium, and long-term financial and competitive position. Analyzes revenues, expenses, costs, prices, investments, cash flow, profits, labor market trends, inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates. May involve financial modeling, reporting and budgeting as well. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field
- 8+ years of finance and/or accounting experience, or equivalent and 2+ years of project leadership experience
- Experience advising senior leadership on financial strategies
- Knowledge of complex accounting and financial transactions for internal and external reporting
- Prior experience developing methods and criteria for measuring and summarizing data for complex analyses
- Ability to lead and manage special projects that may necessitate cross-functional partnerships
- Payroll processing experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a CPA strongly preferred
- Prior health insurance industry experience working in Finance/Accounting
Scheduled Weekly Hours40