At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation’s third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
Job Description: The Financial Advisor in Training participates in the Wells Fargo Advisors financial advisor training program on a full-time basis. The Financial Advisor in Training will be fully trained and supported with the tools and resources to build an individual practice to serve as an advisor to clients, providing sound financial advice and counsel consistent with the clients goals and risk tolerance, and meet organizational revenue targets. Financial Advisors in Training must complete online training, participate in classroom training, pass Compliance exams on products and suitability, and complete the activity requirements of the program as preparation for becoming a full-time Financial Advisor. After the full-time structured training program has been successfully completed, team members will enter our FA Graduate Program and participate in the incentive compensation plan.
In addition to the professional qualifications outlined above, we are specifically looking for team members who have the following background:
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Powerful communicator who reflects professional presence and is confident in interactions with clients and business partners
- Self-driven, independent team member who effectively prioritizes and executes tasks; and embraces new challenges
- Highly dynamic individual who thrives in an interdependent team environment
- After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications
- Once your application is received, Wells Fargo will make initial contact with you via e-mail
- Please ensure your contact information (e-mail address and phone number) is current in your Wells Fargo Jobs Profile
- If your contact information has changed, please update prior to applying to this position
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status such as Optional Practical Training (OPT). Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- 1+ year of customer service experience, business development experience, or a combination of both; or 2+ years of financial services experience; or 2+ years of military experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher and 6+ months of financial services experience
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Financial services experience
- Experience developing and managing client relationships
- Client services experience
- 2+ years of client or sales services experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Established network in the local market
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 (or 63 & 65) or FINRA recognized equivalents must be obtained to remain in this position.
- Designated insurance license requirements must be completed within 120 days of hire date. Compliance with state law requirements is required.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition to state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Wells Fargo will initiate financial and criminal background review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.