BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for assisting in the preparation of all quarterly external reporting documents, supporting the monthly closing of the general ledger by performing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly external financial statements and MD&A documents required by the SEC.
- Prepare monthly reporting schedules for senior management and board of directions.
- Coordinate with the legal department to prepare various regulatory and state licensing requirements that need financial data.
- Prepare account reconciliations and related journal entries for insurance related accounts, including medical insurance reserves and workers compensation and general liability reserves.
- Prepare account reconciliations and related journal entries for property related accounts, including real estate taxes, lease origination costs and intangible assets and liabilities.
- Monitor compliance with new or evolving accounting guidance, assist in the preparation of accounting technical memos.
- 3 years of Accounting/Finance experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred by not required.
- 2 year in public accounting preferred but not required
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.