The Fire Life Safety Officer serves as the first responder in an effort to provide personal safety for the guests, employees and visitors of the Oasis at Death Valley.
- Perform public safety and protective functions while handling emergencies, disturbances and threats to property and life.
- Maintain a safe and secure living, working, and park experience for all employees and guests.
- Patrol buildings and grounds to observe and identify potential safety risks and undesirable conditions, such as fires, theft and vandalism.
- Conduct ongoing inspections; thoroughly patrol property during shift to assess levels of safety on location.
- Observe, report and document any violations of policies, rules, regulations and laws governing your location.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess current driver’s license.
- Previous/similar experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to become proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet and other computer based applications.
- Must be willing to work any combination of days, evenings, and nights as needed.
- Must possess or have ability to obtain CPR/First Aid and AED certification.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme conditions.
- Must be able to walk on varying terrains between 4-6 hours a day.