To serve as a First Responder in an effort to provide personal safety for the guests, employees and visitors of The Oasis at Death Valley.
Perform public safety and protective functions while coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to property and life. Provide a safe and secure living, working, and park experience environment for all employees and guests. Patrol buildings and grounds to observe and identify potential safety risks or undesirable conditions, such as fires, theft and vandalism. Conduct on-going inspections and walking/driving patrols of all areas during your shift to assess levels of safety on location. Observe, report, and document any violations of policies, rules, regulations and laws governing your location.
The Oasis at Death Valley Fire Brigade Participation Requirements: The primary function of The Oasis at Death Valley Fire Brigade is to promote an environment of public safety within the Resort’s response area. The volunteer firefighter position participates in fire prevention, inspection activities, equipment maintenance, and training dealing with phases of exterior fire suppression, prevention, inspection, and emergency operation.
- Current driver's license.
- Previous experience in a similar job.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to become proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, and other computer-based applications
- Must be willing to work any combination of days, evenings, and nights as needed.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme conditions.
- Must be able to walk on varying terrains between 4-6 hours a day.
Minimum Required Training Certifications:
- Possession of or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid and AED.
The Oasis at Death Valley provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Oasis at Death Valley complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.