SCOPE OF WORK:
OFFICE: The Administrative Captains will have work locations in the Security Office/Track Control. These work spaces will be equipped with a desktop computer and a land line phone.
UNIFORM: The Captain will wear the Firefighter Blues Uniform, Grooming standards will comply with the Whelan Security Team Handbook, as outlined on pages 14 through 18.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Shift Captains will report directly to the Security Chief(s) and/Site Manager and will carry out their instructions. Security Chiefs/Managers will mentor and train Captains within their career development plan. In the absence of the Chief level position, Captains will report directly to the Project Manager who will outline and mange department plans and initiatives. Shift captains typically will NOT report directly to the client without first consulting with a senior Whelan Site leader
- Responsible for all Shift Operations
- Manage Incidents while on shift unless relieved by senior leadership
- Mentor and develop Security Officers, EMT’s, Paramedics and Firefighters
- Assist with training of new personnel
- Point of contact for leadership while on shift
- Conducts daily inspections of all posts on shift
- Acts under blanket of authority by Project manager
- Handles first level disciplinary action with officers.\
- Ensures each post is verified with scheduled officer
- Ensures all officers on shift have signed in and called in to Team-Time.
- Maintains adherence to approved JIS/SOP and other applicable work practices.
- Enforces Whelan Policy
- Enforces Toyota Policy
- Works and supports team projects
- Will work on individual operational projects as needed, to be assigned by leadership team.
- Will provide a weekly planner with daily tasks and goals to Chiefs.
- Will assist in managing department coverage, schedule and time sheets.
- Will assist with any and all administration duties assigned by Site Manager.
EducationCandidates must meet the following educational requirements:
- Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
If you have an interest in joining a leader in the contract security industry and would like to work at one or more of our outstanding client locations - Apply Now!
Not convinced? Listen to what our team members have to say!
At Whelan, we value people and we value relationships.
Extraordinary people work at Whelan -- are you one?
Wittmann, AZ 85361