No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Bus Operator - $1250 Sign-on Bonus!
At First Transit, Bus Operators are the foundation of our business! Our most successful drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit operates a contract in conjunction Johnson County, which is now managed by KCATA “Kansas City Area Transportation Authority! We're looking for individuals who focus on making safety and customer service their top priorities, with compassion for helping others. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll enjoy!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- $12.50 without minimum Class B CDL with Air brake and Passenger endorsements
- $15.50 with minimum Class B CDL with Air brake and Passenger endorsements
- $1250 Sign-on Bonus!* (Conditions Apply)
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan, etc.
- Cutting-edge training
- A great work environment!
Bus Operator major responsibilities:
- Ability to operate all buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within the assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding and de-boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids as well as properly securing them for transport.
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overloads, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure correct fare media collection and distribution for fare box
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit required paperwork and written reports concerning passengers and all accidents, or incidents, or near misses.
- Operate on-board electronic equipment.
Bus Operator job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a minimum Class B CDL Operator’s License with required endorsements
- Have at least 5 years personal driving experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to drive any of the fixed transit or para-transit route assignments.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 1701 West 56 Highway, Olathe, KS 66061!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.