Responsible for developing appropriate measurement tools and protocol for residents. Assess and develop individual fitness programs for resident and staff members; monitor, evaluate, and support progress of each member, maintain fitness equipment, effectively market fitness program for seniors; life guarding residents in aquatic center as needed.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
2. Perform fitness assessments.
3. Supervise members and attend to their needs in a friendly, polite, courteous, and professional manner.
4. Evaluate, correct, and instruct members on proper exercise techniques.
5. Assist with coordination, promotion, and implementation of Wellness programs.
6. Communicate member news and recognition to the Wellness Manager for newsletters, press releases, etc.
7. Assist Wellness Manager in hiring, supervising, and evaluating, interns, and volunteers, if applicable.
8. Document follow-up on all maintenance problems.
9. Perform tasks required to keep fitness area safe and clean for members.
10. Schedule appointments, process membership agreements, and perform other administrative duties as assigned.
11. Maintain member information and health club statistics.
12. Build relationships with residents and staff, encouraging them to be more physically active.
16. Develop network within the community and make appropriate referrals to other professional services.
13. Assist where needed in the training of new Wellness Department employees.
14. Coordinate programs with other departments.
15. Maintain community philosophy and vision statement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. A well trained individual who possesses and demonstrates high energy. Computer literacy in Windows software programs. CPR certification and First Aid certification preferred not required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's Degree in Health Education/Physical Education or related field; Bachelor's Degree in Health Related/Physical Education field with emphasis on Exercise Physiology preferred. Minimum of one (1) year related work experience. Experience may be substituted if Bachelor's degree is in a related field. Certification through a national organization (ACSM, ACE, SFA) preferred not required.
Knowledge of teaching/training senior adults preferred. Knowledge of exercise prescription, medications, contraindications, and risk factors is essential. Experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating fitness programs for seniors and/or special populations a plus.