At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) is seeking a candidate to join the successful and growing Montgomery Fixed Income Team. This position will be part of a small team of analysts, traders and portfolio managers. The role will involve working with corporate bond analysts to implement and trade investment recommendations for the Core, Short Duration and Long Credit Bond portfolios including mutual funds and institutional separate accounts.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- The trading and analysis of fixed income securities, including corporate credit and sovereign credit
- Execution of trades and contributing to the formulation of product trading strategies
- Under the direction of management, make alpha generating relative value decisions and for developing and maintaining relationships with the dealer counterparties.
- Work alongside portfolio managers in communicating and executing investment strategies
- Provide timely and efficient fixed trade execution on behalf of portfolio managers
- Generate reports for and track various trading related information on a daily basis including futures positions, portfolio cash levels, trading commissions and budgeting information
- Demonstrating sound decision making and strategic thinking which reflects an understanding of our businesses and its priorities
- Filter and direct important market and trading related information coming into the Trading Desk from various sources.
- Managing multiple tasks at one time, while remaining focused in fast paced environment.
- 3+ years of trading experience
- Derivatives, convertible bonds, and credit markets experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of basic system development and the infrastructure design around trade execution and risk management systems for portfolios
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit evaluation and pricing
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of derivative markets across equity, fixed income, and currencies
- Basic knowledge and understanding of basic system development and the infrastructure design around trade execution and risk management systems for portfolio construction
- Strong technical skills
- Direct experience trading securities
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Experience with fixed income markets and strong understanding of how credit is evaluated and priced
- Thorough and broad understanding of how capital markets and trading markets function
- Direct experience in trading credit
- Great familiarity with the infrastructure around trade execution and risk management systems
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks with competing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with investment analytical tools, including Factset, Bloomberg, Excel or Charles River Database
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.