Join First Transit as Fleet Maintenance Technician!
First Transit maintains and repairs the shuttle system at Emory University
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages based on experience & certification + ASE bonus money!
- ASE testing & training materials provided!
- ASE certifications = .25 cents an hour additional per certification plus $2 an hour on top of that for “Master” status (Medium/Heavy Truck or Transit Bus)
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical training helpful
- Previous experience maintaining and repairing heavy duty/diesel vehicles
- CDL Class B required
- Willing to obtain ASE certifications while employed (company bonuses & training materials provided!)
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Subject to pre-employment background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.