Join the First Transit team as Diesel Technician!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Hourly pay rate of $17-$19 based on experience & qualifications
- Tremendous career advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Diesel Mechanic job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- 5+ years of driving experience (personal or professional)
- 3+ years of direct diesel repair experience
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operations any of automotive, diesel, or CNG fleet repair shop equipment
- Valid driver's license required.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL C
- ASE Certifications are preferred. Must obtain ASEs while employed.
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Excellent communication skills
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.