If you have supervisory experience in the Fleet Maintenance field, then we want to talk to you about our immediate opportunities!
First Transit is currently looking for a Fleet Maintenance Manager in the Chicagoland area.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Negotiable salary based on experience
- Career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including health, dental, and vision coverage; paid vacation and sick; ongoing training; 401k with company match; and more!
- A great work environment!
Maintenance Manager Job Duties Include:
- Responsible for hiring; firing; approving salary increases or decreases; training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Ensures compliance on a daily basis with State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Works with upper management to meet maintenance and budget requirements. May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
- Orders parts, fuel and subcontracts repair work, if necessary
- Supervises bus fueling and building and grounds keeping.
- Ensures maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated.
- May be assigned special projects.
- Performs hands-on work activities.
Maintenance Manager Required Experience:
- Must have hands-on experience with Light Duty vehicles (gas and diesel)
- Air brake experience helpful
- Must have hands-on vehicle maintenance experience
- Excellent diagnostic skills required
- Supervisory / management experience required
- Strong written, and oral communication
- Strong customer relations skills
- Must be familiar with computer systems and Microsoft products
- ASE Certifications Strongly Preferred. Must be willing to obtain after employment.
Join our team - apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.