Fleet Maintenance Manager - Grayslake, IL
Join the First Transit team as Fleet Maintenance Manager and supervise the maintenance and repair of buses and support vehicles to PACE contract requirements. This role oversees a fleet of 41 paratransit vehicles - gasoline & diesel Ford F350s and supervises a staff of 2 mechanics and 2 utility workers.
If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience & qualifications
- ASE certification bonuses - earn a $2,000 bonus if ASE Blue Seal is awarded to your shop!
- Career advancement opportunities - Advance your career nationwide within First Transit, Greyhound, First Student, or First Vehicle Services divisions!
- Excellent benefits packages with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Ongoing training
- A great work environment!
Maintenance Manager responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance and assists in troubleshooting problems with vehicles and equipment.
- Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatchers and operations department.
- In relation to subordinates, is responsible for employment decisions, training and development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
- Ensures that technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and are motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Works closely with the location and region management teams providing maintenance status and budget updates. Reviews financial and budget variances and accounts payable documents.
- Ensures a safe environment exists and all maintenance activities are in compliance with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Supervises bus fueling, building and grounds keeping.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
Maintenance Manager job requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Valid driver's license; CDL preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Must have hands-on experience with light duty vehicles (gas and diesel)
- Leadership and team-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- ASE Certifications strongly preferred (company training & bonuses available!)
- May require lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.