Fleet Maintenance Manager
Become a part of our First Transit team as a Maintenance Manager and supervise the maintenance and repairs of fixed-route transit buses and other vehicles to LADOT contract requirements.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top salary based on experience & certifications
- ASE bonus money
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Full benefits packages with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Fleet Maintenance Manager responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch and other operations personnel.
- In relation to subordinates, is responsible for hiring, firing, recommending salary increases or decreases, training and employee development, planning and directing the work, disciplining, handling employee complaints or grievances, and handling performance reviews. .
- Works closely with the location manager and region maintenance management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with Client, State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews repair orders. May order fuel for vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduces operating costs.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and ground keeping.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
Fleet Maintenance Manager requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical training preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing the maintenance functions of a similar transit bus maintenance shop
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel/CNG engines and transit bus equipment
- Possess or obtain CDL operator’s license
- Excellent shop planning, written, and oral communication skills
- Computer skills
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.